Becoming Your Best Self
About the Workshops
Grow still is offering weekly workshops for 18-32-year-old adults looking to step into the best version of themselves with a process that really works. If you are committed to making real and lasting changes in this way, we’d like to invite you to our in- depth three month workshop where we will delve into Grow’s recipe for healthy self-development: Identity, Wellness, Exploration, and Goals.
The four facilitators have curated a special series of workshops that will keep you engaged every week and bring significant benefits to your life. First we will take the time to get to know each other, as the group will consist of 10-15 participants.
Identity will be explored during weeks 2 to 6 through themes such as personality, intelligence, diversity, and personal experiences. After these weeks, you will learn how to check into and care for yourself through a holistic lens, taking the time to understand each dimension of wellness: spiritual, emotional, physical, intellectual, social, occupational, and environmental.
In weeks 10 and 11, the Exploration phase, you will begin to connect to external resources and strategies to apply the awareness you have identified into your everyday life. In the final weeks of the series, the facilitators will help you consolidate all the concepts you have learned into a practical plan with long-term and short-term goals that reflect who you are and guide you towards continuing to evolve into your highest self.
- Introduction to the series: the themes of identity, wellness, exploration and goals
- Icebreakers: participants and facilitators get to know one another
- Setting our intentions
- Sexual Orientation
- Personal experience
- Spiritual wellness
- Emotional wellness
- Physical wellness
- Intellectual wellness
- Social Wellness
- Occupational wellness
- Environmental wellness
COVID-19 safety measures
To ensure participant health and reduce contamination risks, Grow Still is implementing the following measures to our workshop series :
- Individual check-in with participants before the series begins to verify absence of symptoms and contact with people who have tested positive (unfortunately we cannot accept anyone who works at a hospital, long-term care facility, or other high-risk environments)
- Masks mandatory for all facilitators and participants
- Disinfectant provided upon arrival
- Minimal supply sharing
- Only personal food allowed – no sharing
- Size of space and limited participant spots (10) allow for 2m distance at all times
The workshops are on a weekly basis for three months (Tuesday September 15th to Tuesday December 15th 2020, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm).
Tuesdays 6 pm to 8:30 pm
There will be a maximum of 10 participants, aged 18-30, attending the workshops.
Members of the Grow team will share facilitation of the workshops series, with Vanessa being the main leader. Their experience, natural leadership ability, and capacity for listening will ensure a positive, vibrant and supportive experience. They connect on their desire to lead balanced and fulfilling lives and will show you how to build a strong positive mindset in your life no matter the challenges you’re facing.
All workshops take place at the Pine Collective: 10 des pins Ouest, studio #314, in Montreal.
Each workshop will be unique and consist of interactive games, reflection exercises, group and pair discussions, and personal development challenges. Take a look at our workshop calendar for a quick breakdown.
The workshop is completely free of cost. We are a non-profit invested in the well being of emerging adults. Feel free to bring snacks to share!
Commitment to the whole series is essential. You can miss up to 2 workshops, with notice in advance so we can prepare to catch you up on a phone call and help you stay in the loop.
- Substance abuse
- Sexual violence / assault / abuse
COVID-19 safety measures
To ensure participant health and reduce contamination risks, Grow Still is implementing the following measures to our events :
- 2m distance between participants and facilitators
- Supplies handled with gloves
- Disinfectant provided upon arrival
- Masks mandatory if event moved indoors due to rain
Care2Share will encourage the ability to form a foundation of knowledge – new vocabulary, definitions and integration of other people’s experiences – in order to better situate themselves within the wider societal topic at hand.
Attendees will be aged from 18-32, the discussion will be facilitated by Grow team members as well as an expert on the topic.
A 3-hour free outdoor event with 20-40 participants.
A dissemination of relevant information, a safer space to discuss, listen, and reflect on the topic in small groups, a toolkit to take home.
When engaging in discussions with peers and family, to facilitate personal research/self-education, and to inspire action for change.
Artistic Self Expression
Be Who You Art @ HomeDates:
Our next series will take place in 2021
- Are you creative but need direction, structure, support and materials?
- Are you at home and want to set aside time to create?
- Do you want to connect with yourself, others, and your community?
As part of Grow still’s workshops, we’ve modified and restructured our artistic self-expression series ‘Be Who You Art’ to take you through a spectrum of art forms to help promote a sense of balance and well-being, in the comfort of your own home.
With a one-time drop-off of materials, instructions, videos, and prompts, for a variety of activities and art forms (painting, collage, sculpture, etc), we will connect and share virtually as a small group to cultivate a holistic approach towards self-development and self-expression. There is no fixed schedule but the activities follow a process that encourages reflection — debriefing, one-on-one support and partner pairing— are all options to facilitate this.
You must be:
- between the age of 18 to 32
- live in Montreal (for one-time drop-off of materials)
- committed to participating and sharing your creations / thoughts / process with other participants in a private facebook group