Here are a few ways your donation will help Grow Still:
- Operation of our services at an affordable price.
- Offering free services to individuals aging out of the Youth Protection system.
- Equitable pay for our employees, who are also emerging adults.
- Development of our website into a resource accessible to emerging adults around the world.
- Diversifying supplies used for our Be Who You Art workshop.
- Raising awareness about the issues faced by emerging adults such as identity confusion, unemployment, poor mental health, burnout, and more.
- Advocating for emerging adults to be recognized by the Canadian government as a distinct population needing targeted support.
At Grow Still, we follow the 10 Principles of Community-Centric Fundraising in order to establish a safe, inclusive, and impactful foundation for raising money. These principles include:
- Fundraising must be grounded in Race, Equity, and Social Justice.
- Individual missions are not as important as the collective community.
- Nonprofits are generous with and mutually supportive of one another.
- All elements that strengthen community are equally valued and appreciated.
- Time is valued equally as money
- We respect our donors’ integrity and treat donors as partners, which means occasionally pushing back.
- We foster a sense of belonging in our fundraising work; we avoid treating anyone as an “other”.
- We believe, and we encourage donors to believe, that we all benefit from this work
- We believe and encourage donors to believe, that the work is holistic, not a collection of isolated segments.
- We recognize that healing and liberation requires a commitment to economic justice.
Community centric funding
Community-Centric Fundraising is a fundraising model that is grounded in equity and social justice. We prioritize the entire community over individual organizations, foster a sense of belonging and interdependence, present our work not as individual transactions but holistically, and encourage mutual support between nonprofits.